Making a Dandelion in Maya (Part 4)

I brought the sculpted parts back to Maya today, using the GoZ plugin. This is a test render at production quality with IBL (a random probe image I got from the internet!).

Firstly there were problems such as the vector displacement map on the seed not working as it should. I found out that we had to flipandswitch in zbrush vector displacement export settings to 7 before exporting the map. Now the seed has a good amount of details which I’m satisfied!

I do realize that the flower part is still quite CG looking because it lacks subsurface scattering qualities and noise. But eventually there are no shots in the MTV that would show these parts much, since the fluffy seeds would cover them up. It would be practical to devote my time getting the fluff and seeds to look good!

That would be the aim tomorrow: A fluffy dandelion!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s